Introduction

    Hello everyone, I am Matthew, a 21 year old Mechanical Technician in manufacturing studying Mechanical Engineering.  I am a forward looking person who enjoys reading current news from around the world. I also enjoy listening to NPR and doing my own research into what reporters from any background present. I enjoy playing video games on my free time with my fiance. I mostly listen to rock music, old and new.  I also enjoy personalized art that was created from my friends and family.

    I am taking this class because I am concerned about the current ways of social media and miss information that individuals digest everyday.  A large majority of people around the world read and watch information that suits their desires and beliefs without questioning the legitimacy of the information.  I research the information present from multiple sides based upon facts in order to be fully informed on the facts and opinions from specific groups of people.

I am looking forward to learning more about how media of all kinds has shaped our society over time and how it continues to evolve and shaped opinions or our society.


Homogeneity of Technologically Driven Media Conglomeration

Comments

  1. You sound like the perfect student for this course, Matthew, it's nice to make your acquaintance. I look forward to seeing how an inquisitive mechanical engineer sees the world through issues on media, society, and culture, and how journalism/information sharing plays into that. Love this cartoon factually portraying the 'de-evolution' of our personal communications through the information to the digital age, luckily our technology has gotten more advanced or 'evolved' or I'd really be worried, not that I'm not worried! You are a savvy news consumer, recognizing consensus bias before you even know about it, I look forward to seeing how you feel on ideas presented in the course here on your blog, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Active Shooter Video Game

Doctor Sleep Review